Saturday, December 7, 2013

Tightrope walking

Have you read many blogs on the finer points of tightrope walking?  Right.  I didn't think so.  

Some very kind people encouraged me to start a blog as we begin our travels across the U.S., but I couldn't help but think, "Who would read it??"  I think we all tend to read things that are at least slightly relevant to our own lives, and based on people's reactions when I've stated our plans, I don't think many people identify with the impulse to trade this:



for this:



However, as I think about it, the thing we all have in common is the adventure of this life.  The adventure in our life may seem more weird, traveling the country, but I just love that God has a unique plan for each of us, and if we follow it, we'll get to see Him work in our lives.  God working in our lives will always be an adventure!  So, for the two of you who are reading this, I'll enjoy keeping you updated on our adventures, and I'll want to hear about yours, too!  Please write to me, as I'll be missing seeing you, my family and friends!

6 comments:

Kristy K said...

I am thrilled that you'll be documenting your adventure in this way! I can't wait to read where you're going and what you're up to!

Anonymous said...

I will follow your adventure...vicariously (re)living something we LOVED doing :-)

Sarah S. said...

Hey . . . Looks like I'm #3 for reading your blog or at least to leave a comment. We're already exceeding your expectations! Love the pic / comparison start. Love you more!

jltburns said...

I love reading about peoples adventures! Glad you will keep us posted!

Jodi said...

Thanks, Everyone! Like I said, I want you all to keep me updated on your lives, too! :)

Mary said...

I'm catching up and signed up to get your blog entries emailed to me :) I can't wait to read the rest of your entries! Much love to you and your family!
Mary