Sunday, December 8, 2013

Pre-Christmas Gift to You

Catharsis.

I don't remember most of my vocabulary words from high school, but I remember the word "catharsis" because I remember thinking it wasn't very nice.  We were learning about comedy and tragedy, and we learned that catharsis is why people like tragedies.  People can read tragedies and can think, "Well, at least my life isn't THAT bad."  That's catharsis.

I've never been a great housekeeper, ever.  Now that we're moving, packing, trashing, selling, giving everything away, my house has reached a new low.  So, my early Christmas gift to you is a sense of housekeeping catharsis.  As you're running around, trying to get everything ready for Christmas, you may look at your house and think, "Wow, this is a mess!"  The next thing you need to do is to picture this:



Housekeeping catharsis.   Did that picture make you feel better?  Merry Christmas.  :)

2 comments:

Trish U said...

See, that photo makes me think that you're well on your way to starting your adventure. But I've always been accused of being an optimist.

Jodi said...

Thanks, Trish! You're right that part of the mess is because all the dressers have been moved out, and we won't talk about the reason for the rest of the mess! :)