Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Like this

I love this.

Before we left and I was getting weird looks from people when I told them our plans to live in a 5th wheel and travel the country, when I was saying goodbye to friends and family, and when we drove away from our old home, I really wondered if we were doing the right thing.  I continued wondering if we were doing the right thing as we drove here and drove our ridiculously large truck and 40 foot camper down a narrow, twisty, hilly road, and over a rickety little bridge, only to reach a dead end in the road.  I jumped out of the truck, closed the door, away from my family and yelled, "Aaaak!!!!  I hate this!!!!!"  But, my husband is amazing at backing up ridiculously large trucks with 40 foot campers.  Seriously amazing.

And then we arrived at Skidaway State Park in Georgia, with this as our home and yard for the week:



We got to explore and hike to this:






We got to watch Fiddler crabs and other animals in the salt marshes:




And we got to celebrate New Year's Eve like this:



I love this.  And we definitely are doing the right thing for our family.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jodi! Thank you for posting pictures! You are most certainly doing the RIGHT thing! What a great journey you are undertaking. We love hearing about your adventures (and seeing the pictures).

Each day is a new day and even when you hit a dead-end road, it is a road of the Lord's choosing. Be comforted in this and in knowing that your journey has already been planned out for you!

We love you. Happy New Year and may there be new joys in each day until you return.

Love,
Aunt Heidi and Uncle Ray

Jodi said...

Heidi - you're so encouraging!! I love that about you!! Thanks so much for the comment. I hope you are having a great New Year's Day, also! I hear it's really snowy. Stay warm!!!

Jennifer said...

I am loving following your adventures already! Also I am quite jealous, as I am typing this while hearing the sound of my husband running the snow blower outside. -sigh-