Monday, March 24, 2014

San Antonio some more

Hi Everyone!

We hope you're all having a great week in spring!  We're feeling like we're having a great week in summer, here in Texas.  But before I write about where we are now in Texas, I should finish telling about San Antonio.

Remember the Alamo from taking an American history class at some point?  (haha!, that amused at least me.)  We were able to walk around the Alamo and the grounds, and it was neat and strange, since I remember hearing about it in school.  Hopefully our kids remember this when they study the Alamo again in school someday.




We walked to the Alamo from the San Antonio library, and amusingly, the kids preferred the library.  They were so happy to see books about Garfield and millions of other kids' books.  Some things, although they surprise me, I guess I should have predicted.  There's something better about holding an old-fashioned book than holding a book on a kindle.

While in San Antonio, we also did the Missions Trail.  Seeing all the old buildings again reminded me of American history class, but for our family, the best part was the scooter trail along the river between each of the missions.  Ideally, all historical sight-seeing should be done on scooter.


B with an aqueduct near the San Antonio river and mission trail

No comments: